It’s where I go when I need to feel grounded – to remember who I am, what I care about, what I am here to do. As I walked, I thought about how easy it is to feel insignificant, unfocused, like a boat bobbing on the water – when we are not doing work that is alignment with who we really are. And that our greatest joy comes when we show up wholly and authentically in our life doing the work that is ours to do each day – through our interactions and in the work we do to lift up ourselves and others.
Sometimes we lose our way. We get caught up in others’ expectations of who we are and what we should do. Or we rely on that old career path that worked in the past but no longer fulfills us. So we find ourselves in a place of inertia or fear or confusion about how we should proceed. What we might really need to do is to take some time for ourselves…. go to that secret place where we reconnect with nature, play some drums, listen to waterfalls, or get very quiet and inward focused…until we hear that still voice within guiding us back on our path.
I am grateful. Each day I have compelling conversations with “self”-explorers… those who are determining where they are going in their work…how that impacts the rest of their life…what they think their gifts are, and how they want to express them. I ask them to sit with questions like these…
- What brings you alive?
- What is your dream work?
- What comes so easily and effortlessly to you that you would do it every day if you could?
- Is there a yearning inside you that you might express through your work?
- How are you called to serve the needs of the world while filling yourself up?
Maybe for you it is to tend the garden, prepare the food, create a clean and safe place. Or perhaps the creative realm calls to you…drawing great art, expressing through movement or communication, creating new products, launching a new business. Or maybe you are here to lead…take the helm, create the vision, lead others forward to bring newness into the world. All are fine gifts. All contributions are an important and a necessary part of the whole.
Maybe you can find some answers on a simple walk. If you listen closely, the heart always knows and can be your guide. All you need to know is on YOUR path…you will be fine, you can always start again.
Are you interested in making a change and don’t know the first step to take? Have you heard of Future Mapping or Whole Mind Mapping?
I call it Happy Soul Mapping because this is the only model that I’ve ever experienced that can help to manifest my desire by wanting someone else to be 120% happy.
As a Certified Future Mapper, I am one of the first practitioners, outside of Japan, to be trained on this new technique co-created by Masanori Kanda and Dr. Paul Scheele. I have been using and practicing this technique for the past two years and I have found that it helps me and my clients to clarity, create an action plan and manifest goals more quickly and with ease and enjoyment.
WHAT IS FUTURE MAPPING?
Future Mapping is a proven process used with hundreds of individuals, businesses, associations and government organizations over the past four years in Japan.
This process is a brand new, altruistic way to create and uncover the desired future manifest goals by tapping into the subconscious mind and create an action plan that makes both the client and others happy.
HOW IT WORKS:
Create desired goal: State what is wished for – what is the goal?
– I wish for a new job
– I wish for a new product
– I wish for a new process
– I wish for a new career
– I wish for a different point of view on any problem
– I wish to grow my business
– I wish for……. you fill in the blank
State desired timeline – 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 years, etc.
Make someone 120% Happy: client thinks of someone or something that they desire to make 120% happy. This is a very unique feature of this Future Mapping / Whole Mind Mapping model. It is an altruistic approach to manifesting what is desired. Through positive quantum energy it raises the level of energy for the person / thing that you desire to make happy. Next, the client thinks of the gift that want to receive when the person / thing is 120% happy.
The client shares the current state of the person / thing that they want to make happy.
Subconscious takes over: client then draws a wavy line on the six quadrant graph, with their non-dominant hand starting from top right to bottom left (see the blue line in the image above).
Next, the client makes up a story. The client creates a made-up story about the person / thing that they want to make happy. The story should be as imaginary and wild as possible using many colorful and descriptive details. I use the abbreviated Pixar story model to coach my clients with their stories:
- Once upon a time…
- Every day…
- One day…
- Because of that…
- Because of that…
This story actually represents the subconscious mind, thoughts and desires.
Next, the client circles trigger words that catch their attention; focusing on the words that are most interesting to them. The words are then moved above the wavy line. I interpret the story and connect it to reality by association. This process is the hardest part to teach. The process includes tapping into intuition and asking probing questions through reality and association. An action plan is created. It’s really amazing to see what is uncovered through the subconscious by moving the words to the conscious and unearthing and understanding the meaning.
The client then titles the Future Map – thinking in terms of a movie – what would the film be called if it was a mega hit or a three word bumper sticker.
7) BABY STEP:
The client then commits to one small step that they will take.
To create a three-set action plan, I use the Lifting Up™ Leadership Model which I co-created with my dear friends and business partners, Kathleen Crandall and Risё Kasmirski. This seven step process includes Mindfulness, Awareness, Vulnerability, Intention, Lovitude®, Transformation and Transcendence. In addition, I overlay the my adapted Law of Attraction process to create the clear plan to manifest the client’s desired outcome: Ask, Claim, Allow, Accept, Believe, Feel, Visualize, Act, and Thank.
I use Future Mapping with my online branding, LinkedIn coaching clients, and when teaching and training Career Counselors, Life and Executive Coaches, Facilitators, and Learning and Development professionals to help them help their clients create their desired future.
WHO DO YOU WANT TO MAKE 120% HAPPY?
Anne Pryor, MA., is a Certified Future Mapper, Online Visibility Strategist, Career Coach and LinkedIn Strategist. She is recognized as a Universal Connector, and she has trained more that 55,000 how to Look Good and Be Found Online and Make Meaningful Business Connections. Co-founder of Meaningful Connections she has studied quantum energy with Dr. Masaru Emoto, worked with Charles Schultz on the opening of Mall of America’s Knott’s Camp Snoopy and studied the work of Deepak Chopra and worked with Dr. Don Miguel Ruiz. She is the creator of Lovitude® a quantum energy jewelry line meaningful Love and Gratitude. Contact Anne Pryor at Anne@MeaningfulConnections.net.
This gallery contains 1 photo.
by Anne Pryor:
I had the privilege of spending time with Don Miguel Ruiz, author of The Four Agreements and his son Jose at the Omega Institute at Blue Spirit in Nosara Costa Rica.
My intention on this eight day retreat was to get in touch with my soul; to find what makes me happy and to activate that place inside of me. Do you know what I mean? I’d lost touch with who I am, what I am doing ‘here’ and what makes me happy. My work is to help others to awaken to do their greatest good and I wanted to reawaken that in me.
For the first four days I was on my self-imposed silent retreat. The other 19 group members, none of whom I knew, I’m sure thought that I was a bit strange. I ate by myself, spent time on the peaceful ocean painting alone and spent time in contemplative meditation by the koi pond overlooking the ocean.
I also practiced a daily ritual of gratitude. I had read The Magic by Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret) on the airplane, and I was practicing the daily gratitude rituals.
The agenda each day was consistent, starting at 6:00 am with yoga, 7:30 breakfast, 9-11:00 lecture and experiences with Don Miguel and Jose, 12 pm lunch, 1-4 quiet time, 4-6 lecture, 6 pm dinner, evening free.
After two days I slowed down almost to a stop. I began to notice. To really notice the beauty around me. I saw the big spiders spinning beautiful webs in 3D. I realized that the spiders were not concerned about getting enough food, or losing their homes. They built high and low. Their webs were masterpieces.
Each day the howler monkeys would wake me at 4:00 am. They would climb through the trees with their infants and family in tow. I would go to the ocean and watch the sun rise. What a magnificent masterpiece.
On the beach when the tide would go out the crabs would have to rebuild their homes. With the flick of their ‘feet’ they would create amazing masterpieces in the sand.
One day sitting by the koi pond I was saying thank you to the butterflies, hummingbirds and dragon flies for their beauty and freedom and a morpho / blue butterfly flew around and around me and asked me to play and to dance. What a beautiful masterpiece she was.
Then suddenly something in me changed. In my silence, my observations, my gratitude, my connection with nature, from the lessons of the teachers and by being nourished by the wonderful and healthy food, I JUST STOPPED.
I stopped worrying, stopped thinking, stopped ruminating and stopped defending. I begin to smile, laugh, play, dream, and feel an awe-filled oneness. I felt this amazing unconditional love from everything around me and for everything around me. I felt one with all of these masterpieces. I realized that I AM a masterpiece.
Once you have an experience like this there is no going back. Have you ever had an experience like I described?
Here are some of the profound questions that Miguel and Jose asked us to contemplate. I will ask them for you to get quiet with:
- What are you afraid of?
- What is uninspiring you?
- What lies are you telling yourself?
- What is the truth?
- What tantrums are you still throwing?
- Have you forgiven yourself?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- Where is pride getting in your way?
- When have you received unconditional love?
- When do you give unconditional love?
- What kind of messages do you give yourself?
- What kind of messages do you give others?
- What legacy do you want to keep alive?
- Are you ready to love yourself?
- Can you be comfortable in discomfort?
- What ripples do you want to share? Are they positive or negative?
- Are you talking from your heart?
- Are you disrespecting yourself?
- Are you letting others disrespect you?
- What is your intention?
- What is your intent?
- Have any of your dreams come to an end?
- Have you shed a skin that you are still carrying around? (a snake does not carry shed skin)
- What imagination are you ready to make real?
- Are you doing what makes you happy?
- Are you grateful and living it?
Below are the Four Agreements (and The Fifth Agreement)
- Be Impeccable with your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
- Don’t Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
- Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
- Be Skeptical, But Learn to Listen. Become aware of the kind of message that we are delivering in this world. Don Miguel Ruiz asks this question: What kind of messenger are you? This is not a judgment. It’s just a little doubt for your mind, but it’s a big step into awareness. If you understand the question, then just this little doubt can change your whole life.
As we begin 2014, may I invite you to embrace one of these Agreements and do your best to practice it. If you would like a Guide to coach you to see the Masterpiece that you are, perhaps Kathleen, Risё or I can help you to make that meaningful connection – with yourself, then with others, then the with Universe.
I like second chances. Did you know that there are two New Years in a year? January 1 and July 1 (fiscal year). Each July 1, which happens to be two days after my birthday and this year was a milestone, I take time to reflect on the past 12 months and see what I choose to change, improve and incorporate into my life so that I can be the best that I can be.
Here are my five goals for the new fiscal year. Do you have yours (written down)?
1) Live and Thrive My Freedom Plan Portfolio Career – My intention is: “I am wealthy – I have more money than I can ever spend in this human lifetime.” My actions:
– Only buy what I need. Ask myself if I really want/need the item.
– Shop consignment. For all clothes, other households. www.rodeodriveconsign.com,
– Revisit my net worth and monthly expenses and see what I can cut back. www.TheFiveLessons.com the net worth and cash flow forms. (I just saved $900/yr. by having the courage to color my own hair)
– Pay myself first. Save 20% of my income.
– Give back. Start five endowed scholarships for five former high school teachers and college professors that were extremely influential in my life. Blessings to Diane Ferber Busack (Redwood Falls High School), Carmen Dekoster, Dr. Hugh Curtler, Eileen Thomas (Southwest Minnesota State University) and Dr. Priscilla Herbison (St. Mary’s University of Minnesota).
– Pay if forward. Donate 16 hours per month at Ready For Success, a wonderful non-profit organization in MN that helps lower income men and women prepare for job interviews. www.ecsmn.org/ready-for-success
– Be willing to allow unlimited possibilities in my business ventures.
– Say YES and THANK YOU to opportunities that present themselves. (Speaking and teaching opportunities)
2) Challenge myself to move outside of my comfort zone. My actions:
– Meet new and interesting people that challenge me.
– Blog more often and share my personal stories.
– Read the instructions and try to put together mechanical things. (I’m not mechanical)
– Be honest. Share my true feelings.
3) Be physically fit and healthy. I will maintain a consistent and deliberate wellness practice and approach. My intention is: “I am healthy, beautiful, sexy, powerful and alive at my ideal weight. My actions:
– Nordic walk 2-5 miles daily. (Train for the Burke)
– Meditate for 20 minutes, pray for 10 minutes and do stretching exercises for 5 minutes every morning.
– Eat only when and what my body desires. Take wheat grass, flax seed, fish oil, Vit. D and eat five fruits and veggies daily.
4) Nurture loving and meaningful relationships. Send Lovitude = Love & Gratitude. My actions:
– Love myself first.
– Think “How Can I Help You?”
– Understand what other’s desire and connect them.
– Schedule Meaningful Connections monthly sessions.
– Attend events that allow me to connect with people I desire to meet and can help.
5) Enhance my spiritual practice. My actions:
– Pray twice daily.
– Send blessings to my clients, connections, friends and the Beings that I see, touch, think about, and read about.
– Attend weekly services.
– Attract a spiritual guide to help me to further open my psychic abilities.
– Be grateful. At the end of the day, write down five things that I was grateful for during the day.
– Listen to www.MasteringAlchemy.com webinars.
– Be kind.
“For everything that has been… I say Thank you, Hao, Mahalo. For everything that is still to come…I say YES!”
Have a wonderful New Fiscal Year!