As a child, I had a knowing that we are all connected. My parents taught my four brothers and me to be kind and speak positively to everyone we meet and that we are all created equally.
I believe that deep within us positive energy burns bright. When we let this energy fill us and spill over into the world with love and gratitude, we discover that the universe intends for us, and for others around us, to be happy and whole.
After more than 20 years in corporate marketing with great companies including Valleyfair, Knott’s Camp Snoopy / Mall of America, Lifetouch and Carlson, I returned to graduate school to gain a Master of Arts degree at St. Mary’s University in Human Development and Holistic Wellness (an amazing program).
During a course, I met Dr. Masaru Emoto, read his book, The Hidden Messages in Water, and watched a video that he is featured in called “What the Bleep Do We Know?” His message, in his words, “we must pay respect to water, feel love and gratitude, and receive vibrations with a positive attitude. Then, water changes, you change, and I change, because both you and I are water.”
In Dr. Emoto’s important studies, he secured water samples from around the world. He placed the samples in bottles and subjected the water samples to positive words, visuals, and music. When these samples were frozen for three hours and then thawed, Dr. Emoto’s scientists took photos and these samples and the photos showed beautiful hexagonal images. Watch the video and be amazed.
He also subjected to bottles of water from the same sources to negative words, visuals, and music. These samples were also frozen and as they thawed photos were taken. These images were ugly, dark, unsightly blobs.
After my meeting with Dr. Emoto, I was inspired to conduct my own experiment. I used cooked rice (which is 80% water). This experiment provided “proof positive” and was the inspiration for Lovitude®, which is a line of quantum energy products / jewelry that I have created as my tangible representation embodiment of my thought energy.
Here is how my experiment worked – (try it with your kids, your office colleagues, or just test your own energy)
1) on April 15, 2005 – May 15, 2005, I took four cups of cooked rice and put two cups of the rice in one plastic covered container where I wrote “Love, Thank You, Lovitude® and drew my Lovitude® symbol on the container.
2) I put the remaining two cups of cooked rice in another plastic container and I did not write anything on that container.
3) Each day, for the 30 days, I greeted the rice with the positive words on it with my positive energy. I said to the rice, as I held the container “thank you for your beautiful color and your wonderful nutritional value. I love you”.
4) Each day, for the 30 days, I dissed the second container of rice. I did not pick it up. I spoke in harsh tones and I said, “I hate you, you discuss me, you are ugly”.
5) After five days the rice that I dissed started turning black. The rice that I sent loving energy to stayed white.
After one month, the dissed rice was completely black and the white rice stayed white.
Below is an experiment that Dr. Emoto’s scientists recently completed by using rice and not talking to the rice, just writing words on the containers.
During the writing of my master’s thesis, I was inspired to create a symbol, which I called Lovitude®, meaning Love and Gratitude / Compassion and I had the symbol jeweled by Janel Russell, creator of the famous Mother and Child Design.
I presented my Lovitude® necklaces to my professors during my dissertation presentation and they wanted additional pieces to share with their friends, which launched my Lovitude® business and speaking opportunities.
During this Valentine’s Day and every day, I invite you to be mindful of your words and thoughts that you tell yourself and share with others. The energy vibration really does affect your body, mind and spirit and it can change the world for good.
Anne Pryor is the creator of Lovitude®, a soul painting artist, entrepreneur, Top LinkedIn trainer, executive coach and inspiring speaker. She has studied the effects of positive and negative energy. In her words, “If each of us practiced and shared positive thought energy the ripples would be felt throughout the world.”
Watch the interview by Dr. Emoto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQAk9EM3xg
Anne would love to share this story, for speaking or coaching contact: email@example.com
Lovitude® is a registered trademark owned by Anne Pryor, Pryority Partnerships Inc.
This article was first published the Gabby Road, The Bucket List Book by Don Orth.
Thank you Dr. Emoto for all of your wonderful work (1943-2014).
How to get a great job + life leveraging Match.com and LinkedIn
A client called me seeking my coaching help for a new life. She had been divorced for over a year, her job was only okay, and the cold weather and lack of sunshine was bumming her out. She was ready for a new life. Have you ever felt that way?
Below is the real life case study of how my client found a dream life, new love, and great job in Hawaii.
4 STEPS TO A NEW LIFE:
GET READY :: READINESS ASSESSMENT – after answering a series of questions, she realized that she really wanted to create a new life. Can you answer these questions?
- Are you self-aware?
- What are people coming to you for?
- Who are you?
- Where do you want to go?
- What three things do you desire to be known for? (Kathleen Crandall’s question)
- What happens because of you? (Kathleen Crandall’s question)
- Who do you want to find?
- Who do you want to find you?
- How do you want to be found?
LOOK GREAT :: BUILD YOUR MARKETING TOOLS
- Build a great resume – I restructured my client’s resume, as she wanted to move into a palliative care, hospice position, from nursing.
- Build online profiles – I created her www.LinkedIn.com profile, she got a beautiful new headshot, researched, and connected with HR and Palliative Care and Hospice Directors in Hawaii.
- Leverge www.Match.com – I created a targeted profile, researched ‘partner’ options in Oahu and Maui, and started conversations with six kind and compassionate people in her respective areas.
- Build ‘lifestyle online profiles’ – a created a www.About.me website, this is a personal portal where we showed photos of her with her dog providing Emotional Therapy support at nursing homes, gardening images, and my client running – all photos representing her hobbies, and showing her love of the outdoors.
MAKE THE MOVE :: DO YOUR RESEARCH, VISIT THE LOCATION
- My client booked the trip to Hawaii, at a targeted time, and began preparing and researching options.
- We visited www.LinkedIn.com and www.meetup.com and looked up Hawaii Palliative Care Groups, Hospice Groups, Hospice Associations and she joined some of these groups.
- She researched the Group owners and connected with them on LinkedIn and on Match.com. (She got referrals from people that she knew who were connected to them. She did thorough research on the people before meeting them)
- She researched LinkedIn Companies and found 13 Hospice companies in Oahu and three in Maui and she researched their company pages and found the hiring managers and HR representatives.
- She researched jobs on Linkedin, www.indeed.com and www.hospicejobs.com and she set up Google alerts. She noticed keywords in the job descriptions and each week updated her LinkedIn profile and resume, prior to applying for jobs.
- She began conversations with six people through LinkedIn and Match.com and let them know that she would be visiting Hawaii. She set up coffee meetings with them. She even asked them if they might know ‘hiring managers’, which they did.
- Prior to leaving for Hawaii, she set up four interviews, three on Oahu, and one on Maui. She also found out that the Hospice Association was meeting on the Thursday, when she would be there, so she planned to attend with one of the people she had met through Match.com. One of the www.Match.com friends even invited to on an afternoon whale-watching event in Maui.
A TRIP OF A LIFETIME :: BE PREPARED
- During the trip, her new friends met her for coffee and decided to drive her to the hospice companies for her interviews. The new friend even sat in on the interviews. (I would not have recommended this but it turned out to be a real blessing).
After the last interview, she was offered the job. The hiring manager said that many people from the Mainland that want to come to Hawaii do not stay because they do not have a support system. Bringing a friend, from the Island, to the interview showed that she had a support system and it made her a better candidate.
When my client returned home, she began preparing for her move to Hawaii. She even got her dog ready by getting him certified as a Service Therapy Dog so that he could fly on the airplane with her.
My client and her dog are loving the good life in Hawaii.
Everything is possible! What are you waiting for, my friends?
Anne Pryor is know as a Universal Connector (she creates strategies to and faciliates connections for anyone to connect with anything or anyone that they desire in the Universe), LinkedIn Trainer, Certified Online Brand Specialist, Future Mapper, Career Coach, and Co-founder of Meaningful Connections, a national leader in personal branding, online visibility using LinkedIn, and career and new world of work strategies. Meaningful Connections is a collaborative partner of the Collaborative Leadership Center at Sugar Lake Lodge, Grand Rapids, MN. See her other blog posts at: www.MeaningfulConnections.com.
This gallery contains 1 photo.
by Anne Pryor:
I had the privilege of spending time with Don Miguel Ruiz, author of The Four Agreements and his son Jose at the Omega Institute at Blue Spirit in Nosara Costa Rica.
My intention on this eight day retreat was to get in touch with my soul; to find what makes me happy and to activate that place inside of me. Do you know what I mean? I’d lost touch with who I am, what I am doing ‘here’ and what makes me happy. My work is to help others to awaken to do their greatest good and I wanted to reawaken that in me.
For the first four days I was on my self-imposed silent retreat. The other 19 group members, none of whom I knew, I’m sure thought that I was a bit strange. I ate by myself, spent time on the peaceful ocean painting alone and spent time in contemplative meditation by the koi pond overlooking the ocean.
I also practiced a daily ritual of gratitude. I had read The Magic by Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret) on the airplane, and I was practicing the daily gratitude rituals.
The agenda each day was consistent, starting at 6:00 am with yoga, 7:30 breakfast, 9-11:00 lecture and experiences with Don Miguel and Jose, 12 pm lunch, 1-4 quiet time, 4-6 lecture, 6 pm dinner, evening free.
After two days I slowed down almost to a stop. I began to notice. To really notice the beauty around me. I saw the big spiders spinning beautiful webs in 3D. I realized that the spiders were not concerned about getting enough food, or losing their homes. They built high and low. Their webs were masterpieces.
Each day the howler monkeys would wake me at 4:00 am. They would climb through the trees with their infants and family in tow. I would go to the ocean and watch the sun rise. What a magnificent masterpiece.
On the beach when the tide would go out the crabs would have to rebuild their homes. With the flick of their ‘feet’ they would create amazing masterpieces in the sand.
One day sitting by the koi pond I was saying thank you to the butterflies, hummingbirds and dragon flies for their beauty and freedom and a morpho / blue butterfly flew around and around me and asked me to play and to dance. What a beautiful masterpiece she was.
Then suddenly something in me changed. In my silence, my observations, my gratitude, my connection with nature, from the lessons of the teachers and by being nourished by the wonderful and healthy food, I JUST STOPPED.
I stopped worrying, stopped thinking, stopped ruminating and stopped defending. I begin to smile, laugh, play, dream, and feel an awe-filled oneness. I felt this amazing unconditional love from everything around me and for everything around me. I felt one with all of these masterpieces. I realized that I AM a masterpiece.
Once you have an experience like this there is no going back. Have you ever had an experience like I described?
Here are some of the profound questions that Miguel and Jose asked us to contemplate. I will ask them for you to get quiet with:
- What are you afraid of?
- What is uninspiring you?
- What lies are you telling yourself?
- What is the truth?
- What tantrums are you still throwing?
- Have you forgiven yourself?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- Where is pride getting in your way?
- When have you received unconditional love?
- When do you give unconditional love?
- What kind of messages do you give yourself?
- What kind of messages do you give others?
- What legacy do you want to keep alive?
- Are you ready to love yourself?
- Can you be comfortable in discomfort?
- What ripples do you want to share? Are they positive or negative?
- Are you talking from your heart?
- Are you disrespecting yourself?
- Are you letting others disrespect you?
- What is your intention?
- What is your intent?
- Have any of your dreams come to an end?
- Have you shed a skin that you are still carrying around? (a snake does not carry shed skin)
- What imagination are you ready to make real?
- Are you doing what makes you happy?
- Are you grateful and living it?
Below are the Four Agreements (and The Fifth Agreement)
- Be Impeccable with your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
- Don’t Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
- Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
- Be Skeptical, But Learn to Listen. Become aware of the kind of message that we are delivering in this world. Don Miguel Ruiz asks this question: What kind of messenger are you? This is not a judgment. It’s just a little doubt for your mind, but it’s a big step into awareness. If you understand the question, then just this little doubt can change your whole life.
As we begin 2014, may I invite you to embrace one of these Agreements and do your best to practice it. If you would like a Guide to coach you to see the Masterpiece that you are, perhaps Kathleen, Risё or I can help you to make that meaningful connection – with yourself, then with others, then the with Universe.